Immune System Boosting Paleo Foods
By the overall nature of the Paleo Diet and the lack of processed food, your body will be in better shape overall. Also, the fact that you aren’t eating as many foods as gluten cause inflammation. So by that, your immune system should be much better shaped and in better shape to fight off illnesses. But, with cold and flu season in full blast making sure you get enough of these will help you feeling better and fighting stronger.
But, here is a list of foods you can eat and the vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals that will help you boost your immune system. And, there are tons of options other than just pounding oranges.. 🙂
Here is our list of Immune System Boosting Paleo Foods:
- Bell peppers- vitamin C and betacarotene.
- Brocolli- this is a superfood! rich in Vitamin C, beta carotene, B1, B2, B3, B6, zinc, potassium, and iron.
- Garlic- a great antioxidant with anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
- Cinnamon- contains polyphenol.
- Shellfish- a great source of zinc
- Button mushrooms – rich in selenium & vitamin B.
- Acai Berries- high in lots of free radical-fighting antioxidants and anthocyanins.
- Elderberries- a very popular choice for fighting the flu.
- Watermelon -potassium and glutathione a big free-radical fighting antioxidant.
- Miso Soup- high in probiotic which helps with gastrointestinal health. Gastro health and immune health go hand in hand.
- Sweet Potatoes- High in vitamin A and C.
- Citrus foods- Vitamin C is super popular.
- Almonds- vitamin E
- Turmeric– fights inflammation such as curcumin.
- Green tea – such a great source of polyphenols and flavonoids antioxidants
- Papaya- vitamin C and papain which has inflammation-fighting properties.
- Kiwi- vitamin K, folate, and potassium.
- Poultry – turkey and chicken are a solid source b6, not mention the obvious source of protein.
- Sunflower seeds- vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorous, and vitamin B6.
- Avocado- high in amino acids containing 18 of the 22.Ginger- antioxidant and fights inflammation.
- Spinach- vitamin A, vitamin C, Magnesium, and iron.
- Yogurt- protein, vitamin B12, vitamin D, Vitamin B2, and probiotics.
- Lemon Water- high in vitamin C and easy to make.
Let us know which one of these immune system boosting foods is your favorite? And, which ones surprised you the most?